Bute Research Services offers expertise in searching and managing health research literature
We mainly assist health research consultancies and other agencies, but have also helped students and other academic writers.
To clients’ projects we bring 30+ years’ experience in biomedical science, health librarianship and research support for systematic reviews, including for NICE guidelines.
Our editing and programme management experience includes writing, producing and publishing nearly 800 summaries of medical journal articles for the five year National Institute for Health Research Dissemination Centre programme (2016 to 2020).
Bute Research Services can provide
Literature searching and management
- Expert searches of published and grey health and social care literature, for example for rapid reviews
- Developing and testing systematic literature search strategies (for example, as an impartial tester or commentator for an in-house strategy)
- Sifting and tagging of search output
- Regular current awareness output, sifted for relevance and quality
- Project scoping
- Identifying experts to contact for interviews
- Assistance with research project management, e.g. tracking stage completion or document supply
- Data extraction
- Report fact checking
Proofreading and editing
- Proofreading medical journal articles
- Editing health-related content
- Bibliographies and article referencing support, e.g. using EndNote, Zotero and other software/apps
Contact us to discuss your project needs